Homecoming Week 2017

Freshmen Caroline Scott, Lexi Star, Selena Granado and Alana Pierce, sophomore Kennedy Griffin, juniors Emmy Ralph and Allie Rae Thompson and senior Kathleen Scott dressed up for Monday’s homecoming theme, farm day.

Olivia Coke, Social Media Director

Going loco for Hoco

It’s time to dress up and get rowdy because it’s homecoming week 2017.

Every homecoming year is filled with surprises. The well-known themes are back and better than ever. On Friday, the big homecoming game will take place at home against Nelson County at 7:30.

The daily themes of homecoming make the week merrier. Students this week will be dressed up as farmers, cartoon characters, and patriots. Some kids will even be throwing it back to the disco days. On game day the students will represent their grade’s colors. The themes this year are definitely unlike any other. “I love the themes because they are very simple and everyone can get involved,” said Maggie Green, freshman cheerleader. Green has been very eager to experience her first homecoming week.

Awaiting these fun moments, the big game will be on Friday. The varsity football team is set to play Nelson County at 7:30. Last year, the Chargers defeated the Cardinals 69-0. “I don’t have a doubt in my mind that we will win. You might as well put the second string in,” said senior tight end Zack Stevens. Stevens has played football since freshman year, and he loves the hype coming from the student section.

Before the game, the homecoming court will be announced. At halftime, the dance team will perform their routine. The game will surely be one to remember. The best of luck goes to both teams and students on the homecoming court.