Closing Season Runs

Kelsi Sego

Spencer has been on the Xc team since freshman year. She continues to work hard on her times to improve her run.

Haley Grether, Copy Editor

Running to make records.

As of September 23, the cross-country team traveled to Bardstown, Kentucky to compete in a race held at Thomas Nelson High School . This day the team ran in the nineteenth annual Hillbilly Run Cross Country invitational. This race was a 5k held in the morning.

The meet was shown to be a success as all members of the team performed very well working on their personal records.

The top boy in Saturday’s meet to successfully complete his 5k run was junior Josh Wetzel. Bringing it in with a time of 18:50.45, he made it out in place 34 out of 101 runners.
Next was junior Cole Davenport with a time of 19:19.84 and a place of 47. Junior Blake Hourigan was next with a clock in time of 19:33.03 and a place of 52. Then was freshman Zach Ballard with a time of 19:56.49 and a place of 58.  

As for the girls, freshman Emily Tinelli was the first to complete her 5k with a place of fifth out of 92, with a time of 21:12.56. Then was freshman Cassie Clements with a place of 10 and a time of 21:43.84.  Freshman Abby Troutman finished her run with a place of 40 and a time of 24:12.50.

Then was junior Abigail Clarkson in place 38 with the time of 24:50.15. With a place of 50 and a time of 24:54.65 was senior Meredith Thornsberry. Then followed junior Lindsey Spencer with a place of 52 and a time of 25:12.22. Senior Marie Spatzenegger was after with a time of 27:29.59 and a place of 67. Next freshman was Ashlee Williams with a place of 73 and a time of 29:57.91.

Moving forward this season, there are high hopes for the team as a whole. “I am really excited for my team because we have a lot of new members and they are all doing well so it gives me hope that we will make it to state as a team for the first time in years,” said Spencer

All members of the XC team performed exceptionally well in this 5k run, even more improvement is soon to come.

The next meet will be on September 30, at the EP Tom Sawyer State Park in louisville, Kentucky. On this day they will compete in the annual Greater Louisville cross country invitational.