Cougars on Lockdown

Principal+Eric+Huber+of+Bullitt+Central+wrote+this+letter+to+parents+about+the+concerning+events.+

Principal Eric Huber of Bullitt Central wrote this letter to parents about the concerning events.

Katie Huffman, Staff Writer

What you heard probably isn’t true.

Many conspiracies have been thrown around these past few days about what happened at Bullitt Central on Thursday.

A threat against the school was found in a bathroom stall, along with a bullet in a classroom that was not connected to the note. The Shepherdsville Police Department was the only responding agency, not the FBI. Students were also able to leave school at the regular time of 2:10 p.m., however, they were dismissed in a different procedure than normal.

Bullitt Central went into a soft lockdown around 11:50 a.m., taking the necessary precautions for this type of event. The student responsible for writing the note has came forward, and is facing the necessary consequences.

During the day, the administrators found it necessary to change the way students were dismissed from the lunchroom and also at the end of the day. Bullitt Central Freshman Garrett Langford said, “For lunch everyone had to be escorted by teachers and for dismissal they called buses one by one and students were released by each hallway at a time.”

In a letter for concerned parents and the community, Principal Eric Huber of Bullitt Central stated, “We would like to give notice that, though this was just a ‘hoax’ to the person or persons responsible, it is actually a crime – a felony crime. We understand that our society is under duress considering the traumatic events in our schools in America. So, parents, please discuss with your children the very serious nature and consequences of this activity that causes fear in our school and community because these charges can be assessed against not only the student, but the parent/guardian, as well.”

For the future, if anyone has information about a threat against their school or another, they should communicate this to an administrator instantly.