World War 3

Morgan Harbolt

Students can pick up flyers in the cafeteria to learn more about registering for the army, but if WW3 was to happen they wouldn’t need this.

Morgan Harbolt, Photo Editor

Korea gets closer and closer every day.

The possibility of World War 3 is becoming all too real, thanks to Kim Jong-un.

North Korea is rumored to have a missile that could reach North America. Trump plans on meeting with Kim Jong-un. World War 3 could mean another draft, this time with women.

North Korea has always talked about a nuclear weapon, although they were never this close.They had a missle test back in November and Kim Jong-un said in an announcement that Wednesday that the missle reached the highest altitudes ever from a Korean missile.

President Trump is taking this very seriously and is considering taking military action. The North Korean leader and President Trump are suppose to have a meeting. The date is not set for it yet but on Wednesday Trump tweeted, “For years and through many administrations, everyone said that peace and the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula was not even a small possibility. Now there is a good chance that Kim Jong Un will do what is right for his people and for humanity. Look forward to our meeting.”

Talk of a World War 3 is surfacing. If this was to happen than a draft is possible, only this time it would be men and women. “I would be so scared and wouldn’t know what to do if I was drafted into the war,” said sophomore Ashleigh Thompson.

Students in high school nowadays never thought they would even have to think about being drafted into a war. Sophomore Carson Armstrong said, “I would be terrified of what awaits. I don’t think it’s fair to draft people freely without their consent, but it’s all we can really do if we were to get into a war. It would be awful, but I guess if I had to I would.”