Livewire

Lindsay Duvall Park

The+Mt.+Washington+City+Park+has+been+renamed+after+Bullitt+East+alum+and+current+UofL+basketball+player%2C+Lindsay+Duvall.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Lindsay Duvall Park

The Mt. Washington City Park has been renamed after Bullitt East alum and current UofL basketball player, Lindsay Duvall.

Zach Combest, Website Editor

Miss Kentucky basketball has made her mark on Mount Washington.

The Mt. Washington City Park was renamed after Bullitt East alum, Lindsey Duvall last week.

Duvall was named Miss Kentucky basketball last year. Duvall is currently attending the University of Louisville and playing basketball for the Lady Cardinals. The park is located on Fisher Lane behind Mt. Washington Elementary.

Duvall was the second Miss Basketball winner to come from Bullitt East. Becky McKinley won this award in 1992 and went on to play for the University of Kentucky. When McKinley won the honor she had the street she grew up on named after her.

After seeing the new sign with Duvall’s name on it, Head Coach of the Lady Chargers, Chris Stallings posted a picture on twitter with the caption, “LD enjoy your day. This is such an honor. Thank you to everyone involved in making this happen. Our community support for BEHS is unrivaled.”

Duvall averaged 23.6 points and shot 40.8 percent from the three-point line during her senior season after having knee surgery her junior year.  

Mayor Armstrong and council member Troy Barr worked to get the park renamed after Duvall. “I was very honored to know my community thought that much of me to name a park after me. Also I felt very blessed,” said Duvall.  

Her coaches and teammates were happy to hear about the renaming of the park. “They all thought it was real cool and super excited for me,” said Duvall.

Duvall redshirted last season at Louisville due to injury, but she will be back in action this season.

The Livewire would like to congratulate Duvall on having the Mt. Washington park named after her.