That’s Kentucky For You

Morgan Harbolt, Photo Editor

Maybe next year, Spring.

Kentucky’s weather has went from the seemingly longest winter to 90 degree weather, and students are struggling to reach the end of the school year.

Students and teachers are loving the warmer weather and longer days. Students are doing anything they can to find motivation for the end of the school year. There are high hopes for next school year.

The weather this year has been nothing but consistent. Students wondered if warmer weather was ever coming and if it was going to stay. Freshman Selena Granado said, “I don’t like how the weather keeps changing. I’d rather it just be warm.”

Not only has the weather started to be warmer, but the days are longer. When students wake up for school, the sun has already begun to rise. And when they get out of school, they have more free time, since the sun doesn’t go down until almost 9 p.m.. Freshman Morgan Lance said, “I think the warm weather and longer days makes me more happier. I think it definitely helps me throughout the day to help me look forward to getting out of school and hanging outside.”

With the weather being so nice outside, students are finding it hard to focus on school. Many say they can’t enjoy it because they’re stuck inside for seven hours. Sophomore Brianna Tipton said, “Just counting down the days and remembering that we are almost done.”

Students don’t want to think about next year right now, but it’s inevitable. Less snow days and more summer is the hope for next year. Students also have already set goals for themselves next year. “My hopes for next year is to play golf and to push myself with some more challenging classes,” said Lance.

With about three weeks of school left, students are preparing themselves to have a great summer. Finals are just around the corner and those will be the last challenge they face until all their worries are gone.