Lady Chargers Soccer Weekly Recap

Katie Huffman, Executive Editor

They win some and they lose some.

After facing three different schools within the last week, the girls soccer team has a finalized season record of 3-3.

The ladies played Atherton on Tuesday, Aug. 21 and Spencer County on Wednesday, Aug. 22. They walked away from both games with the win, but took a loss on Saturday, Aug. 25 against Elizabethtown. The team will have their first home game of the season tomorrow, Aug. 27.

During the varsity game against Atherton, the Chargers were able to prevent the opposing team from scoring throughout the entire game. Junior Emily McDonald and freshman Emma Wright scored East’s two points, bringing the final score of the game to be 2-0. There was not a junior varsity game.

Against Spencer County, the varsity team won the game by eight points with a final score of 10-2. The Bears scored their two points within the first half, while the Chargers scored six points during the first half and added four more points during the second. Junior varsity did not play on Tuesday either.

Over the weekend, the ladies traveled to Elizabethtown to play the first junior varsity game of the week and the third varsity game of the week. The Chargers lost both games. Junior varsity had a final score of 1-0 and the final score of the varsity game was 2-0. Junior Rory O’Connor said, “We know we tried our hardest to win and prepared as much as possible and we are all super proud of one another for how we played in the game.”

Tomorrow, Monday, Aug. 27 at 6 p.m. the Lady Chargers will have their first home game of the season against Fern Creek. There will only be a varsity game.