Lady Chargers Season Kick-Off

Ella Olds, Copy Editor

Passing the ball for the first time.

The lady chargers tip off their 2018-19 season Nov. 8 in a scrimmage amongst the teams.

The girls basketball team started off strong. Within the team there are strengths and weaknesses. The scrimmage kicked off their season with fans getting excited to watch them play this year.

The team has already started bonding over their practices leading up to the scrimmage which was on Thursday night. The team is excited for the experience that they are bringing back from last year, the leadership in each class and willingness to work together. They are in the strongest district in the state along with one of the toughest regions as well. This years group is up to this challenge.

Head Coach Chris Stallings says, “This group is really investing in each other and our program. Thats contagious and really enjoyable to be around.”

Even with all the pros, there are some cons. They have a long way to go and will continue to keep working on their weaknesses. A few being, taking care of the ball, the defensive side and rebounding. The girls basketball schedule this year will be a strong test to help prepare them for districts and regionals at the end of the year.

“We have had a good start to our preparations but still need to keep working each day to improve,” said Stallings.

The scrimmage held at Bullitt East was teams within the main Lady Charger teams. They had a black team vs. a white team where they competed to get fans excited for their season. Called “the intra squad” by the coach and players it is always a fun evening for the families, students, and team.