How Students Can Prepare for the New School Year

Ella Olds, Magazine Editor

Summers ending brings stressed beginnings. 

With summer coming to a close there are many preparations students stress about to get ready for the new school year. 

Starting next week, students will have their schedules on Infinite Campus which brings stress in different ways. Students have many different options of how to get themselves prepared for the school year. The last few weeks of summer can be very stressful for some as the new school year looms in the near future. 

Counselors have announced that student schedules will be released July 31. With the new schedules out on Infinite Campus many students will see the classes they are taking along with who is going to be in their classes. For some this might mean they need to go out and get the school supplies they see fit for each class, while others may wait until the first day to figure out exactly what they need from each teacher’s syllabus. In some students’ minds, supplies don’t even come across it. These students might stress about the social factor, wondering who they will sit with and figuring out who they can talk to in class and in between classes. With the announcement of schedules it shows just how close the new school year is. To prepare, some students may begin to clean their desk areas at home so they have a place to do homework or even clean out the backpack they haven’t touched since the last day. Either way this is a good first step to start getting prepared for the new year. 

When preparing for school, your also preparing yourself. To prepare for the new school year, students may make different appointments such as hair cuts or doctors visits. Depending on what you need done, depends on the appointments you may make. To also prepare many students go shopping for back to school clothes. Many stores have different sales specifically for back to school which draws many people in. When shopping for school students can get different outfits, shoes, or even a new backpack/purse. Some girls may even get their nails and eyebrows done to get ready for the year. With a new look and the fresh summer glow, many students feel prepared to face all their peers again. 

With last minute preparations comes last minute plans. Many students while preparing themselves for school are still wanting to enjoy the last moments of freedom they have. They will make plans with friends and take spontaneous trips to whenever they find fun. Some may even throw an end of summer party or a pool party for their group of friends before the year starts. Students want to make the most out of summer they can before all the homework and stress. 

The first day for Bullitt County Schools is scheduled for August 7.