Lady Chargers Successfully Beat Male for the First Time This Season

Seniors Rylee Ortaga and Emily Ezell help junior Bailey Chitwood off the field after being tackled by Male goalie.

Abi Huffman, Business Editor

Adding a third notch to their belt.

This week the Lady Chargers soccer team completed their fourth game this season leaving their record at 3-0-1.

This past Wednesday the Lady Chargers played Male at home for the first time this season, walking away with a 2-0 win. The Lady Chargers are now ranked 18 in the state, the highest they’ve ever been. Goals were made by senior Team Captain Tayler Mahoney and sophomore Emma Wright.

“I think that we started out very strong as a team and set the tone for the game within the first few minutes. Male didn’t know what was coming and we used that to our advantage,” said Wright. 

During the game, a player from Male received a yellow card after constant disrespect to the refs. With only four minutes left in the game, the referee announced another yellow penalty card to a coach from Male after also receiving continuous disparage from the coach. 

At the beginning of the second half, junior Bailey Chitwood was injured. While attempting to score a goal, Chitwood hurt her ankle after being tripped by Male’s goalie. It’s looking that Chitwood should return to play in the game against PRP.

The next girls soccer game will be Wednesday, Aug. 28. The Lady Chargers varsity team will face Atherton at 6 p.m. on the home field. The next day there will be another match, Thursday, Aug. 29 at PRP. Varsity will begin at 6:15 p.m.