Determined for Districts

Senior+Adam+Pruitt+shoots+for+a+layup.+The+boys+played+Christian+Academy+of+Louisville+Jan.+25+and+won+81-62.+We+had+a+practice+on+Wednesday+that+hopefully+got+their+attention+and+got+our+minds+right%2C++Coach+Coach+said.+

Sierra Karner

Senior Adam Pruitt shoots for a layup. The boys played Christian Academy of Louisville Jan. 25 and won 81-62. “We had a practice on Wednesday that hopefully got their attention and got our minds right, ” Coach Coach said.

Sierra Karner, Social Media Editor

The rocky season begins to level out.

The boys won on their senior night against South Oldham.

The boys have had a rough season after going to state last year. Senior night originally was in January but got delayed due to inclement weather. The boys will begin districts this week.

The boys have had some close games over the season and even ended up going into overtime in three games. They won one game over Winter Break in the Island Beach Blowout in Florida. In the LIT in January they won one out of the three games that they played. They were able to beat county rivals Bullitt Central by 10 points and North Bullitt by 25 points. “We played at home against Butler and Spencer County, we had a lot of urgency and we played really hard. We played really good in both of those games,” Coach Jason Couch said.

Senior Night was originally scheduled for Jan. 28. The boys ended up celebrating senior night a couple weeks later. Senior night is a huge deal. Many students always look forward to this night. “It’s always been a dream of mine to win senior night,” senior Adam Pruitt said. Pulling a big win on senior night is definitely a good feeling. “It felt good, it was a little nerve racking at first because most people don’t want to lose their senior night,” senior Patrick Ballard said. The boys played South Oldham senior night and won by 15 points.

The boys still feel hopeful for how the season will end and still hope to make it to state. “The second half of Shawnee, at halftime the coaches got into us a little and lit a fire under our butt and got us rolling last night and hopefully we can keep it rolling. I think we do have a chance to go back to state. There are other good teams and we are going to have to play good every night, it’s going to be a challenge,” Pruitt said. Even though Fern Creek is a big district game, region 6 has some of the best teams around Louisville.

The boys will played in the first round of districts Feb. 22 at Fern Creek against Fern Creek.. The theme for the RedZone was a jersey out and they won 47-42.