New Year, Old Expectations

Katie Huffman, Staff Writer

Doing things the Charger way.

Over the past three school days, students have met with administrators in the main gym to remind students of what it means to be a Charger.

During the first semester, some things got out of hand. Wednesday, students reviewed expectations for different places around school including the cafeteria, hallway or gym, during every class. These expectations were also expressed in the meetings with administrators, who delivered the message with motivation for students to do better.

Students tend to leave the lunchroom without cleaning up after themselves, leaving a disaster for other people to deal with. The main problem is with the second and third lunch periods. With hopes to improve these conditions, students were encouraged to pick up any trash they see, whether it’s theirs or not.

“Every time we come into the lunch room for last lunch it is a disgusting mess. There’s always unknown substances on the table, it could be food but I honestly don’t even know. I’m sick of it,” said junior Evelyn Barto who has the last lunch.

Administrators discussed some different issues with each grade level, but the overall focus of this meeting was reviewing how to be safe, responsible and respectful while inside and even outside of school. The topics of running in the hallway, following teacher’s directions and being conscious of things you spread online were touched on along with other things.  

“To me, doing it the Charger way means to do what you’re told and try your hardest on everything you do in life,” said senior Gunner Mahoney.

With this meeting happening at the beginning of the second semester, a positive change with some of the recurring issues and student behavior inside our school is expected.