Another Step Closer to the End of the School Year

Emmy Ralph

Student turning in their chromebook. Students are returning their chromebooks next week.

Emmy Ralph, Staff Writer

The summer is only steps away.

Next week students will be turning in their chromebooks.

Some students seem to rely on chromebooks for note taking and might struggle when it comes to studying without their chromebooks. Others will be relieved once they’re turned in. Returning chromebooks so early may bring complications.

Students sometimes prefer to type their notes on their computer rather than writing them on paper. The problem with that is that students will be returning their chromebooks next week, which is before finals. “I have many english notes on my chromebook and that is the subject where I struggle the most, therefore I need my notes to study for finals but I won’t have easy access to them now,” said freshman Selena Granado. Some will struggle with studying unless they print everything out.

Although we don’t get out of school until June 8, some agree it is quite early to be turning in chromebooks. “I think chromebooks being turned in next week is too early, considering the Great Gatsby project was just given to us and the majority it needs to be done using a computer,” said junior Maddie Klefot.

Furthermore, students work may have to be turned in earlier now that they won’t have access to their chromebooks for research. “We were originally supposed to turn in our final project the first week of June but now that chromebooks are being taken away, our time has been shortened to be due next week,” said sophomore Madelyn Gibson.

Some may not have access to any other device besides their chromebooks which results in those students not having a way to do work involving a computer.