Saying Bye to High School

Many seniors find their days more and more open. Seniors Tristen Preston and Clay Wiliams spent their morning relaxing and talking after finishing a short assignment for AP Psychology. “Spending my last week or two stress free is really nice,” said Preston.

Olivia Armstrong, Copy Editor

The school year is dying down.

Many of Bullitt East’s seniors are ending their final year with less and less to do.

This year’s graduating class is eagerly waiting for the last day of school. Many students are finding themselves bored, with classwork almost done. The last day of school is June 8, and graduation events encompass some of these students last days here at school.

With senior year, usually comes a lot of free time. Students get a schedule full of electives, with only math and english taking up two periods of their day. Among these electives, students can also take a study hall and aiding period.

“My school year has been easy almost all year long; my only stress has been college classes,” said senior Tristen Preston.

This year Preston took two college classes and AP psychology, which proved some work in the beginning of the year, but now all three of the classes are over. “Now I have three more study halls a day,” said Preston. In AP Psychology students spend their periods watching movies and enjoying stress free time after the AP exam.

Many students who took classes through JCTC this year found themselves with less and less to do. “My 101 and 102 classes were my hardest, but now those are over,” said senior Ashley Stewart.

JCTC classes are a great opportunity for students to get college credit while still in high school, but these classes are ran on a college schedule. This means getting out of school earlier. Most JCTC students last class days were in late April. “It’s nice to have this extra time,” said Preston.

The free periods are also nice for some seniors because they can spend it working on other extracurriculars that they enjoy. Senior Cayla McCord has enjoyed spending a lot of her year with Project Unify, and loves the opportunity.

“I’m with them five out of seven periods of every day, and I love every second of it,” said McCord. She also noted how much she enjoyed forming a closer bond to the students.

Many co-op students are also ready for this year to be over. Senior Andy Lutz co-ops at UPS and while it is a lot of manual work, he enjoys the break. “It’s nice being able to leave school so early,” said Lutz. He enjoys the little bit of freedom in his days.

Lutz notes, however, that it’s nice to know that he’s making money while other seniors may be sitting through a school day of study halls. “I like being productive,” said Lutz.

From June 5 through 8, all the seniors will gather back together to end the school year off with graduation rehearsals.

The senior class can also look forward to senior dance on the 21, and senior picnic on June 7. The graduation ceremony will be held on June 10 at Freedom Hall at 4:00 p.m.