Jingle Bell Fun

It’s a bright time to rock the school day away.

Today was Bullitt East’s Houses for the Holidays. This is the second time the school has organized this event, but this year’s assembly added new speakers, skits, and a 12 Days of Christmas sing-a-long. Of course, the event brought back an ‘Ugly Christmas Sweater’ fashion show, Christmas songs performed by the choir, and decorative lights throughout the gym.

Multiple clubs, organizations, and teachers, such as Student Body Government (SBG) and April Walker, had a large role in the assembly. Student Body Government’s Secretary of State Maddie Wilson (12), was in charge of decorating the gym for the event. “Since I’ve been in the Student Body Government since sophomore year, we were in charge of it,” said Wilson.

Throughout the assembly, there were different teachers that made their own creative mark. Robert Troutman quoted Elf, Larry Steinmetz and Nate Fulgham introduced the “models” for the fashion show. Some teachers were even caught dancing as Melissa Speakman, the human and child development teacher, danced along to her house skit, which involved a scene from Mean Girls. “I just had to make sure that they just remembered their dance,” said Speakman.

In addition to Pisti’s Mean Girl skit, there were several other houses that performed. From Koinonia, several singers, including Morgan Caudill (12), sang Jingle Bells, Episteme performed Santa Baby starring Cole Stump(12) as Santa and Allen Miles(12) as Mrs.Clause, Matthew Bryant and Austin Allen from the Somnium house read Elf on the Shelf, and Augmentum rocked it out with Alvin and the Chipmunks. By the end of the assembly, every house joined together to sing 12 Days of Christmas until the school day ended.

According to both Speakman and Caudill the assembly was better due to student involvement that brought the school closer. “I definitely think that it brought the Houses together and brought the school closer together,” said Speakman.

Christmas is a special time of togetherness and this was a perfect way to get everyone in Charger Nation united and ready for the holidays.

Livewire • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Livewire Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *