Basketball Homecoming Spirit Week 1.21.2015

Allison Drake, Staff Writer

Students gave their voices. SBG made the choices.

In the past, spirit days have been decided by some ambiguous panel, leaving the students essentially no part in planning the festivities. However, for the upcoming 2015 basketball homecoming, the student body government allowed all of East to input their opinion on which days they’d like to celebrate. You offered your ideas, Charger Nation, and here is your 2015 Homecoming Spirit Week lineup.

Monday: Spirit Day

If there isn’t a spirit day, is it really a spirit week? You know the drill on this one. Come to school wearing gaudy amounts of red, gold, and black. Be dressed as a horse if you want. Either way, the concept is still the same- go big or drown in a sea of Charger Pride.

Tuesday: Dynamic Duo

Be the Robin to my Batman, the Shaggy to my Scooby, or the Mickey to my Minnie. Grab a friend and dress-up as even better friends! However, if you do decide to be partners in crime-fighting, keep it classy- not all superheroes wear skintight spandex.

Wednesday: Senior Citizen

For this day, you’ll need to pull a Macklemore and raid you grandma’s closet, or the thrift shop up the road. Go the full nine-yards with a walker or a cane aiding your mobility around the school.

Thursday: Destination Day

This day is divided by grade, so pay attention to this new theme.

Freshman, be ready to make your red carpet debut, because you’ll be Hollywood.

Sophomores will be Hawaii. While your theme may be warm, The Mount is still frigid; wear a coat and some pants over your floral button ups and grass skirts while you wait for the bus.

Juniors , put on your boots and grab your chaps, you’re heading to the Wild Wild West. While you maybe a horse-riding vigilante, make sure you leave your guns back on the ranch.

Last, but for sure not the least, the senior class will be exploring the African Safari. Elephants, lions, zebras and more will be seen roaming the halls of East.

Friday: Toga Day

In lieu of the first ever Greek Games at BE, Chargers will set the scene in the stereotypical togas. If you want to stand out from the crowd, try finding a sheet in your house’s color rather than dressing in a drab white.