Be Safe, Be Responsible, Be Respectful, BE Distinguished

Tuesday, November 24th, 2015, one of the biggest events in 20 years of Bullitt East High School took place. Students gathered in the gym to recognize Charger Nation’s victory of becoming the 10th distinguished school in the state of Kentucky. Many important people of not only Bullitt East but also Bullitt County attended this celebration, including two former principals, the superintendent, the commissioner, and the mayor. Just four years ago, East was ranked in the 63rd percentile. Now, within four years they have managed to move up to the 98th percentile, earning the title of a school of distinction.

After honoring the nation with the choir singing the National Anthem, Mayor Barry Armstrong took the stand. “Bullitt East is being discussed around our city, we walk a little prouder, we smile a little harder because we are so proud, so proud of Bullitt East High School,” said Mayor Armstrong. State representative Linda Belcher celebrated with East by writing a congratulatory citation to Mr. Foster, which was read aloud at the assembly.

Bullitt East is often looked at as a well-rounded school because of their focus on every aspect such as sports, clubs, and academics and make them all of equal importance. “I think it’s important to show that academic achievement matters, the students have to be driven and motivated, and they are, so I’m very very proud of that,” said Foster.

Former principal of Bullitt East Debbie Atherton praised the school stating, “Every great organization has leadership that is able to motivate you guys to set the bar higher each year to keep getting better.” East’s teachers, faculty, and students have all played a critical role in making Bullitt East what it is today. Each class leaves it better than it was the year before, truly living out the Charger Way.