Drama Class Field Trip

Zach Combest, Business Editor

Watching the art of drama in real time.

Daniel Barrett’s Drama 1, Advanced Drama class, and the Thespians group, a club where actors are separated by groups and work together to perform plays, went on a field trip to see the play 39 Steps on Thursday.

The students used this time to learn and prepare for their performances this year. Junior Thespian, Kaleigh Foster said, “I feel like these plays shows the class, as a whole, that the ensemble is such a big role in any play or production you’re in. It prepares us to work hard to get a great product and put so much effort in everything you do (ensemble wise).” Mr. Barrett invited the Thespians to come along with his classes to the play. He takes his students on one or two trips to see a play every year, usually around Christmas and any play showing at Actors Theater.  

Cole Laslie, Advanced Drama student, has been acting at East for three year. He also attended the play and said, “It was interesting to see 4 actors play 10 or more parts.”

Going on trips to watch plays give these up-and-coming actors and actresses time to build relationships with their fellow peers. “My favorite part was getting to be with my best friends. Drama kids become your second family so that was definitely the best part,” said Foster.

Overall, the performing arts program is learning from the best and taking notes as they get ready to perform this year.