End of the Season Win

Haley Grether, Staff Writer

Racing toward the finish line, the team brings in a victory.

As the month of October ends, the cross-country season for most runners at Bullitt East ends along with it.

On Saturday, October 29, the team traveled to Louisville, Kentucky to compete in the Region 3AAA Meet at the E.P. Tom Sawyer park.

The top boy to finish on the team this week was sophomore, Josh Wetzel bringing it in with a time of 19:58 naming him the 41st to finish out of 58 runners total. Next on the team was sophomore, Cole Davenport coming in at 21:15 as the 45th runner to end the race.

Right behind was junior, Matt Wheeler coming in at 21:34 placing him 45th. In 47th place was sophomore, Jerome Dela Cruz clocking in at 21:41. After Dela Cruz was senior, Malikhi Ly-Hughes in 48th place bringing it in with a time of 21:57.

The boys team placed 7th overall with an average time of 21:17.

The top girl on the team this week to complete the race was sophomore, Lindsey Spencer bringing it in with a time of 23:39. Placing her 24th out of 49 runners total. Sophomore, Abigail Clarkson came next as she ended her run in 28th place bringing it in with a time of 23:52. Last on the team was junior, Meredith Thornsberry who placed 40th and finished with a time of 37:36.

With this run both Spencer and Clarkson qualified to compete in the state XC meet this upcoming Saturday, November 5, 2016. This competition will be held at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington.cross-country-cole-davenportcross-country-josh-wetzeljerome-dela-cruzblake-horiganlindsey-spencer