Leaving for Vacation

Getting+time+off+of+school+is+exciting+for+many+students.+

Haley Grether

Getting time off of school is exciting for many students.

Haley Grether, Copy Editior

Students look forward to being out of school, no matter the time of the year.

Spending time away from school, school breaks are looked forward to by many students.

Vacation time is different for each county and state. During the spring and fall, Bullitt County schools are allotted one week of out of school vacation time. Winter break lasts two weeks long, and summer is approximately two months, depending on the number of snow days that year.

Fall vacation is usually during the month of October, followed by winter break being in December. Leaving a two month gap of school in between.

Spring break is usually around the month of April, making the gap between winter and spring vacations four months long. This is twice as long of a time requiring attendance and hard work in school.

Depending on the amount of snow days in a year, school usually lets out for summer vacation around the month of May, or early June. Making the gap between spring and summer break approximately one to two months long. Which is significantly a shorter length of time than the gap between winter and spring breaks.

No matter the time of the year, or the length of time in between breaks, most students look forward to sleeping in and not having to do much. “I look forward to being able to spend time with friends at any moment. Being able to sleep till 12 p.m. or later makes me never want to come back,” Said sophomore Hunter Ryan.

Whether it be hanging out with a best friend or spending quality time with family, time off from school can be helpful to students in many ways.

For many, school brings much added stress and a constant requirement of focus for teens, in order for them to perform well in their classes. This continuous working, inside of school, and at some times outside of school too, can be hard on the mental and physical health of students. While education is important, health and wellbeing is of even greater importance. To combat the constant working, school districts have put in place these so called vacation times.

Allowing students a break from their hard work, vacation time is something that most look forward to.