Lady Chargers Dance Team Wins State

Keiley Sewell

The Bullitt East Dance team poses with their winning jackets and trophy.

Morgan Harbolt, Photo Editor

Dancing for the gold.

Bullitt East Dance team wins state competition.

The 2018 State Dance competition was this past weekend. The team competed in two categories. They won state grand champs.

The competition was held in Frankfort, KY at University of Kentucky where teams from all over the state competed. The Lady Chargers competed against nine teams in pom and eight teams in hip hop. Coach Jodi Osborne said, “This team has a tremendous amount of talent. Most of the girls have a dance studio background and some are on studio all star teams and compete nationally.”

Freshman on the team Mackenzie Cain said, “It was a great feeling especially because the dance team had never won state before. It just felt really great to see how all the hard work everyone has put into the team paid off.”

Choreography and positive attitudes really made the team stand out. Osborne said, “We had great energy and technique. Our choreography was outstanding, so a big thanks to Amber Chapa!”

Overall the team had the top combined scores for the medium division. Osborne said, “We will celebrate our State Grand Champions with a banquet. Fantastic way to end our season.”

Leadership and family created this state grand champ team. Junior on the team Shelby Osborne said, “The juniors have stood out to me because we didn’t have any seniors this year so we took the leadership role.”

Livewire wants to congratulate the Lady Chargers dance team and can’t wait to see what they do next.