The Life After Basketball

Jeremy Riggs, Staff Writer

Saying good-bye to the court and hello to the campus.

Bullitt East High School’s basketball season has came to an end but college is another chapter to pursue.

Many believe high school is the best times of their life, not only because of their friends but because of some of the bonds they make with a team or club. Being in a sport brings lessons from coaches and mentors. High school is just a chapter of your life but what people pursue after high school is a big decision.

Every kid always looks forward to senior year to graduate and start to live their life. Senior Basketball player Noah Wilson said, “ High school has been the best 4 years of my life so far and i know it only gets harder from here.” Going to college after High school is a big decision for all graduates. Wilson says, “I plan on going to Western Kentucky University to pursue a career in Accounting.”

Not all kids get to live their dream job or continue their dream sport like Basketball in College. Senior Basketball player Connor Green says, “ In the future i will be running track and field in college somewhere I haven’t decided where at yet and pursuing a nursing degree.”

Wilson says, “I don’t necessarily plan on playing basketball in college, but maybe for fun outside of class.”

Clubs and sports bring you closer to people and make close bonds and memories. Green says, “I think the best memories are going on trips with the team.” Wilson adds that basketball is the best experience of high school.

Now that basketball season is over and there is 10 weeks of school left many kids are ready to get out and live their summer lives. But the seniors have a bigger step to take and sign up for college classes. Wilson adds, “ I’m eager to get outside of high school, learn, and connect more.”