Changes in Prom 2019

Molly Shannon

This is the room where the prom meeting was held yesterday and will continue to be held. Terry teaches the agriculture class in this room as well. “Teaching and prom have both been a positive experience,” said Terry.

Ella Olds and Molly Shannon

A night of fun for students is just around the corner.
Prom night is slowly but surely approaching but bringing some changes along with it.

Prom night is slowly but surely approaching, but there has been a change in venue.
The location for prom has been changed to Cardinal Stadium after being at the Ramada Inn in the past. The Prom Committee has already started preparing for the big night.

Bullitt East has held the prom at the Ramada Inn in the past, but this year the faculty who overlook the details of prom have decided to go back to the Cardinal Stadium. This has been done in the past and the school is switching back to this venue due to the larger amount of space and upscale in the environment. After comparing prices faculty realized that the change in the budget wasn’t large enough to make a difference so they decided to go back to their old ways. Megan Terry recently took over the position of junior class sponsor after April Walker left Bullitt East. Terry now has the responsibility of taking care of prom, junior class ring sales and the junior class ring ceremony. “Ms. Walker had it very organized and planned out and I have met with her several times even as she is starting at North Bullitt to make sure we are on the same page,” said Terry.

Walker had a group of four girls interested in planning prom this year so she assigned them the prom committee duties. The girls already had an idea on a theme for the night. In the past, students have shown little to no interest in prom themes. Since the girls learned this, they decided on no theme, just a desire to make the place look nice. The group has decided on choosing many rose gold decorations, their end result just wanting the night to be beautiful without an elaborate theme. Terry said, “I think what they have planned and the plans they have with the decorator will look really great and I don’t think it is gonna change students overall opinion of the prom.”

Even without a theme, the night has many students full of excitement and anticipating the event. Allie Rae Thompson is a part of the prom committee and is very excited to see what new changes are happening this year. “I am super excited because the place is so much nicer than the previous place and it looks a lot bigger so that means a bigger dance floor and to me, that’s the best part about it,” said Thompson.

Prom will be Saturday, March 23 at The Brown & Williamson Club attached to Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. It starts at 8 p.m. and ends at midnight. Tickets go on sale in February for $45 dollars but rise to $50 in March. Anyone is welcome to join the prom committee, Terry asks that anyone interested sees her for more details, located in room 603.