The student news site of Bullitt East High School.

Livewire

Livewire

Livewire

Support our Advertisers:

Just a Sprint of Passion

Milana Ilickovic

All it takes is a shot of hard work and passion.

As of lately, the track team has performed well in their events. The team continues to dominate the meets and they don’t plan on stopping any time soon.

The Bullitt East Track and Field team recently had an outstanding victory at the county races. They had the highest overall team score, beating schools like Bullitt Central, North Bullitt, and many others. The first place award was given to them and the team couldn’t be happier right now. However, now that they’ve conquered the county, the team must now focus on a new challenge: taking the title at regions.

As of now, practices will remain the same. Everyone will still spend the same amount of time practicing, especially on the skills they need to hone in for the race. Although the win at the county races was a nice confidence boost, the team still needs to focus on placing in regions. Placing well in this meet means that they can go on to the state level. However, team members need to focus on placing at regions first. “I’m hoping to do the best I can. I mean, the goal we have right now is to qualify for state. In order to qualify for state, you need to be in the top two per event in the region meet or have a qualifying team,” sophomore Makayla Meyer said. Regions are often seen as the step between the state races. Regions will be held on Monday, May 20. How they perform at this meet will determine the next step of their future.