Bling Bling Class Rings

Kelsi Sego, Social Media Director

Ringing in junior year.

Junior class rings sales began this past week.

There are many students who purchased rings from Balfour, some who purchased class rings from other sellers and some who didn’t purchase class rings at all. Balfour allows students to order online or in person at school. The junior ring ceremony will take place on March 23.

Junior Ashlie Gauthier is one student who purchased her ring from Balfour. Gauthier ordered the ring to get the exclusive Charger mascot design.

Kerrigan Miller, junior, purchased her class ring from Walmart rather than Balfour. She did it for a variety of reasons. Miller will get her ring in November which is much earlier than students who ordered from Balfour. Also purchasing a ring from Walmart was much cheaper than Balfour; these rings also come with a free two year warranty. Miller recommends that students purchase their class ring from Walmart. “You should get your ring from Walmart, their selection process is super easy. All of the instructions make sense, and it’s no hassle to order it online,” she said.

Junior, Madi Cornman is still undecided about getting her class ring. Cornman missed the initial deadline to order in person but she may decide to order her ring online. “It’s [the ring] really cool looking and it’ll be a memory that I can keep forever” said Cornman. She will attend the ring ceremony if she decides to get a ring.

You can order from Balfour in two ways ; either online or through their catalog. Balfour visited BE a week before ring sales to give out catalogs and they discussed how to order, ring styles, etc. To order from the catalog you must fill out the paper with what style you want and all the specifics of your ring. Balfour came to BE to take orders and take ring sizes. Though it’s too late to order in person, it’s not too late to order a ring online. The process of ordering online is the same; when ordering online you can actually see what your ring will look like.

There is also multiple ways to make payments as well. You can pay online, over the phone, or in person with Balfour.

With the purchasing of class rings comes the ring ceremony. This year the ring ceremony will be taking place on Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 6:30pm in the gym. The ring ceremony is optional but all students who purchased rings are encouraged to participate. Students do not have to purchase their rings from Balfour to participate in the ceremony. Students also do not have to participate in the ring ceremony to receive their rings.

Ring ceremony RSVP forms should be turned in to Mrs. Walker in room 204 by March 10, 2017.