Great Improvement in Greater Louisville

Haley Grether, Staff Writer

Making Great Strides

The team keeps making advances more and more as we further into the season.

Starting off the month of october with a great run, the Bullitt East team competed in one event.

This past week the cross country team traveled to Louisville and ran in the Greater Louisville Classic at the E.P. Sawyer park.

On Saturday October 1, senior Lauren Masden ran her first 5k and came out with an excellent time. Clocking in at 20:38 Lauren finished 31st out of 285 runners. The next runner on the team to finish was sophomore, Lindsey Spencer. Who came in with a time of 24:36 this naming er the 219th runner to end the race. Junior, Meredith thornsberry was the last girl on the team to finish her 5k race with a time of 26:11 as the 248th runner to complete the run.

The top boy to finish his 5k this week was sophomore,  Josh Wetzel. Coming in as the 179th runner out of 307 to complete the run. He completed the run clocking with a time of 19:09. Next on the team was sophomore, Jurome Dela Cruz breaking his 20 minute goal with a time of 19:56. This naming Jerome the 226th runner to finish.

Then was Cole Davenport, sophomore as he completed his 5k run with a time of only 20:22, giving him the place of 238. Blake Hourigan, sophomore completed his run in 21:48 placing as 266th. Right after Blake was Malikhi Ly Hughes, senior as he finished in 21:49. Naming him the 267th runner to complete the race.  
Brand new member on the team as of Friday, September 30 was sophomore Levi Wilkerson. Completing his first 5k with a time of 28:29 and a place of 306.