The student news site of Bullitt East High School.

Livewire

Livewire

Livewire

Support our Advertisers:

Targeting Success

The+archers+compete+in+a+tournament+at+Mercy+Academy.+They+have+worked+on+shooting+from+both+10+meters+and+15+meters.+First+you+shoot+a+ten+meter+practice+round+followed+by+three+rounds+of+ten+meter+scoring+rounds%2C+Campbell+said.+
The archers compete in a tournament at Mercy Academy. They have worked on shooting from both 10 meters and 15 meters. “First you shoot a ten meter practice round followed by three rounds of ten meter scoring rounds,” Campbell said.

Bullseye. 

The Chargers archery team is nearing their ninth tournament of the season on March 15-16 at Eastside Middle School for the Eastside Spring Tournament. 

Their most recent tournament was the Bullitt Central Pre-State on March 1-2, where the team #1 scored an overall 3358 and came in second place out of eight teams. The previous weekend at the 1st Annual Reid Cornell Memorial Tournament, Team #1 scored a combined 3306 and came in third place out of nine teams. 

One exciting aspect of the season this year is the start of a new 3D archery team. “I just started the 3D team that just started this year and our first tournament is coming up,” junior Grace Willis said. Instead of shooting at typical archery targets, 3D archery involves shooting at foam animal targets. The 3D team allows the archers to experience a different type of shooting that they may not experience from just shooting at regular targets. 

As a whole, one of the team’s main goals is working to achieve a higher score through their practices, which take place three times a week. “In practice, we shoot practice tournaments and score ourselves,” senior Jacob Campbell said. Some of the archers are focusing more on their personal technique to improve their overall performance. “I’m working on my fifteen rounds to get higher scores,” Willis said. A fifteen-round involves shooting at a farther distance from a target. 

All of this practice is leading up to the team competing at the state level March 28-30. It will take place at the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center.