Basketball season begins with Charger Madness

Ethan Neutz, Staff Writer

Basketball season tips off for the Chargers.

Last night at 6:15 p.m. the Chargers officially started their basketball season with Charger Madness. The community came out to preview what the teams have to offer.

They did not play other teams, but they did play themselves in three scrimmages.

Freshmen boys started the night off right with a great game that left the red team with the victory 42-28.

The next game up was all girls the freshman, JV and varsity meshed together to make two teams, red and black.

They played four quarters but the score started back at zero for every quarter. In the end, the black team, lead by Louisville commit Lindsey Duvall, won the first, third and fourth quarters.

“I’m really excited to kick it off with them,” said Duvall who was out most of last season with an injury.

Duvall will be a senior this year and has already committed to the University of Louisville to play women’s basketball.

The girls will start their season at Presentation on November, 29 at 7:30.

After the girls, the varsity boys took to the court in a hard-fought game. The game was very close until the end when the red team came out on top 81-64.

“A lot of people are sleeping on us because we lost so many people, but we will surprise a lot of people,” said Senior Conner Green. The team will be looking to show everyone what they are all about in the upcoming season.

The boys will start their season at Warren Central also on November, 29 at 7:15.