Seniors Meet at Thunder Over Louisville

Rissa+Sageser+

Rissa Sageser

Lauryn Smith, Staff Writer

Senior Chargers thundering to thunder.

On Saturday, April 22 some of the senior class met up to celebrate Thunder Over Louisville.

The class of 2017 met up at Thunder to have a good time before they leave high school and begin their college life. For a few hours, they all watched the fireworks be shot up in the air. It was a fun time for all the seniors who attended and helped them grow closer to each other.

On April 20, a tweet by senior Mitchell Langley informed seniors to meet at the lawn for Thunder. He tweeted it to get the word out quicker. The goal was for all seniors that showed up to have a good time. Langley believed more seniors that showed up, the more fun it would be. “Everyone enjoys thunder every year so I figured why not enjoy it with the people that you only have a few more months together with. We are all going to miss each other once we get out in the real world,” said Langley.

The seniors got together because soon they are all going to be gone and probably not ever see each other again. It was a bonding experience for all who showed up. They wanted to spend as much time with each other before they part their ways for college.

“The senior class already is really close I think. It brought the senior class more together by just realizing this may be the last time we get to see each other outside of school and just having a blast with everyone without any drama,” said senior Amber Mcnutt.

About ten to 15 people attended. “I chose Thunder because the atmosphere is amazing and everyone is always in a good mood there with fireworks and all,” said Langley. Throughout the night, they hung out, played football and took many pictures.