• Homecoming--Home Basketball Game--Friday, January 26

• 9th Grade House Coat Drive--Tuesday, January 16-Friday, January 19

• Girls Basketball LIT Tournament--Tuesday, January 23 through Friday, January 26

• Homecoming Week--Monday, January 22 through Friday, January 26

• Congrats to the cheerleading team for winning the state championship!

• Christmas Break Dec. 16- Jan. 2

• Prom-- 3/24/18

• Athletic Signing Day-- 2/7/18

• Larry Steinmetz Named State Journalism Director for JEA!

• The second issue of the Livewire is on sale now for $1!

Due Date of Charity Dodgeball Tournament Extended

Students can see signs placed around the school to advertise for the LLS dodgeball tournament. The due date for sign-ups have been extended until Friday, Feb. 9.

Students can see signs placed around the school to advertise for the LLS dodgeball tournament. The due date for sign-ups have been extended until Friday, Feb. 9. "In SLAM we were asked to pick and complete a service project, so a fellow SLAM member and I decided to do a service project involving LLS," said sophomore SLAM member Taylor Clemens.

Ainsley Gordon, Website Editor

Students will be battling to beat Leukemia and Lymphoma.

Sign-ups for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) dodgeball tournament have been extended and students will soon be battling against one another for a great cause.

A dodgeball tournament between students will take place on March 8 and 9. All proceeds will go towards the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to fight blood cancer. The sign-up dates have been extended until this Friday. If you do not sign-up to participate in the event, you still have a chance to support this fundraiser.

For this tournament, each team will face another in a best three out of five rounds game. The tournament will have single elimination.

This event is one of SLAM’s many service projects. “We wanted to find a fun and new way to fundraise for this great cause. After lots of research and talking to teachers and faculty at Bullitt East we decided to do a dodgeball tournament,” said sophomore SLAM representative Taylor Clemens. “The other person who started this project had a grandpa who had a grandpa who had leukemia. He had to do a speech over a charity in English, so he chose LLS. Late around the same time, we were told we needed a service project in SLAM so we decided to do a project based around LLS.”

According to the LLS website, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is an organization whose mission is to “find cures and ensure access to treatments for blood cancer patients. We are the voice for all blood cancer patients and we work to ensure access to treatments for all blood cancer patients.”

All proceeds made from this event will be donated towards LLS. Each team requires a fee of 12 dollars while anyone not participating can support the cause by paying one dollar to watch the game.

The games held on March 8 and 9 will take place in the main gym starting at 5:30 p.m.