How the Archery Team is Doing So Far

The archery team shoots for high scores in regional, state, national and world tournaments.

Carissa Kimball, Staff Writer

Ending the season on the right mark.

As the archery season comes to an end, the team aims for high rankings.

The archery team has been successful in the normal season with many first place wins. Coach Jason Waddle has high hopes for the end of the season but believes the team hasn’t done what they are capable of. They will take on regional, state, nationals and worlds next.

The team has the capability of doing great things in finals. “Our potential is that we can be a top 15 team at state and top 20 at nationals. If we gain our focus back and continue to work hard I think we can make a run for top 10 in the world. We just have to work harder and focus more than teams in the past have,” said Waddle.

Strong senior leadership this year has helped the team tremendously. Senior Jaque Morsey has stepped up this year as a leader and has a very good personal record. “We’re taking things a lot more seriously than we did at the beginning of the season,” said Morsey.

The team has the skill and determination to win, they just have to apply it when competition time comes around. “The team can definitely do even better than we have. If we focus more and take advantage of all the help offered we could beat Bullitt Central,” said Morsey.

After falling to Bullitt Central in the regular season, the team still has a chance to excel in state and world competitions.

The region four tournament is on March 17 at Bullitt East High School.