Starting Year Off With a Hole In One

Brown receiving her fourth place trophy at the Central Hardin Bruin Invitational. This tournament was held on Aug. 2 where she shot a 76. Brown was hoping for a lower score as shes used to placing higher, We always practice what we should do or need to work on... Sometimes as a team, tournaments don’t go as well as practice, said Brown.

Larry Steinmetz

Brown receiving her fourth place trophy at the Central Hardin Bruin Invitational. This tournament was held on Aug. 2 where she shot a 76. Brown was hoping for a lower score as she’s used to placing higher, “We always practice what we should do or need to work on… Sometimes as a team, tournaments don’t go as well as practice,” said Brown.

Molly Shannon, Creative Editor

Started off strong and continuing strong.

The girls golf team started the year off strong and have proceeded to live up to their expectations.

Over the past week there have been two girls golf tournaments. Freshman, Macie Brown has been a standout by scoring low scores that often help place her in the top. This year, the team has remained consistent with their scores in comparison to previous seasons which has helped bring high expectations for the team members.

Already having competed in two tournaments, the members of the team remain practicing several times a week in order to keep the progress they’ve made and to prepare for the matches and tournaments they have throughout the season. “I feel that this season is going to be the best yet. My improvement last year I feel was very slow compared to this year and the year before last,” said sophomore, Alayna Wells.

Over the past week, Brown competed in a match held in Elizabethtown in which she came out on top with a 40. She has already placed high in two tournaments, fourth in the Central Hardin Bruin Invitational with a 76 and first at the Nelson County Invitational with a 73. “Macie is a phenomenal player. She is constantly finding ways to better herself and her teammates. You can easily see how much she wants to succeed and strive to be the best she can,” said senior, Abi Huffman.

Hopes are high for this season for Brown as she proceeds to place high and keep her scores consistent. This year, the team as a whole has a goal to win state, regional competitions and many tournaments but individually each person has a different goal. “This season, seeing that it is my last, my goals are to play in a few more tournaments and maybe break 90 in a tournament,” said Huffman.

The next girls golf tournament is the Bluegrass Invitational held on Aug 24.