Miss Kentucky Basketball

Matthew Childress, Staff Writer

Every year each state selects the best male and a female high school senior basketball player from that state and labels them Mister or Miss Kentucky Basketball. This year Bullitt East High School’s own Lindsey Duvall has been selected as Kentucky’s Miss Basketball. Duvall is the first female from Bullitt East to be selected to this title since Becky McKinley in 1992.  

When asked about her expectations for the award, Duvall was filled with emotion. “I mean, I always dreamed of having an honor like this but there are great in my class so i was never for sure, but I always hoped!” Along with being given such an award, Duvall also officially signed with the Louisville Cardinals to continue her academic and basketball career at the college level. Duvall’s hard work throughout her high school career has put her in the position she is in. Her success in the classroom as well as on the court has helped her not only open the eyes of her peers but also open the eyes of Louisville head women’s basketball coach Jeff Walz.

Duvall isn’t only worried about her basketball career, she also cares about her community and the individuals around her. “It feels great to be able to do this for my community and sort of give back to them for all their support,” said Duvall.  The eyes on Duvall opened even wider when she was named to the McDonald’s All-American nominee list. She just fell short of the final lineup but that wasn’t the end of the of the road for Duvall in her senior season, she also went on to break the Bullitt East High School scoring record passing former Louisville Cardinals star Alison Bass with 2,567 career points.
Duvall has finished her senior season the way every student athlete wishes to, to be respected and remembered, and with over two and a half thousand career points, a division one athletic scholarship, McDonald’s All-American nomination, and being named Kentucky’s Miss Basketball, her name will definitely heard around the Mt. Washington area as well as in the state of Kentucky forever.