Homecoming Week

Morgan Harbolt, Staff Writer

Homecoming comes around every year.

Homecoming is approaching us; January 22 to 26 will be spirit week and will end with the big game against Bullitt Central.

Bullitt East students prepare for the homecoming festivities. The team prepares for the homecoming game against rivals, the Cougars. Students excitement rise for the homecoming court.

Every year the school comes out with different ways to show school spirit during homecoming week. “I’m super excited for spirit week, it’s fun to go out and dress weird and just make memories with your friends. Get involved and you won’t regret it,” said senior Sydney Rames.
The list showing what the spirit days will be has yet to come out.

For the homecoming, game the Chargers will be taking on the Bullitt Central Cougars. The Cougars are ranked 49 in the state and the Chargers are ranked 31. “I think we will win, but it’ll be a close game because BC is usually decent,” said sophomore Kamryn Lane.

The most popular subject when it comes to homecoming is who will be on the homecoming court. Students complain about how it is the same people who are nominated and essentially win every year.

The way voting works is that students are sent a link to cast nominations for a boy and a girl in every grade. The names that get nominated the most will be on the ballot. The ballot is then sent out to students to vote. “I pick usually by thinking of who I know that deserves it, and I consider who is dating a player on the sports team. I think it’s cute when a couple is on it,” said Lane.

“Homecoming is fair for some, a competition for others. I wish people would put the popularity aspect aside and focus more on the people who truly deserve it. Last time, David Vinson won and it was awesome because people have been pushing for him to win since freshman year as a joke. He’s a nice guy who has never won so I think it was cool that he got first place,” said Rames.

Overall, it’s the student bodies choice on who gets nominated and who wins. Nothing will change about it always being the same people who win unless students use their voice and vote for someone who they think really deserves it.