Lady Chargers Begin Their Season With a Win Against Presentation

Ella Olds, Copy Editor

The Lady Chargers took on Presentation for their first game of the season during the week of Nov 26. through Nov. 30. and played against Central Hardin and Bethlehem later in the week.

Their first game of the season was held on the home court against Presentation on Nov. 27. (JV) Junior varsity and varsity were the only teams to play. JV started at 6 p.m., while varsity followed at 7:30. Starting with JV, by halftime they were up 35-2. By the end of the game, the Chargers won, 55-3. Followed by that win, varsity played and won with a score of 57-10.

On Wednesday night, the freshman and JV teams played at Central Hardin. This was the first game of the season for the freshman team, who played at 6 p.m., followed by JV at 7:15. The freshmen dominated the court and won 50-28 and JV did the same. JV Lady Chargers won 47-33.

The third game of the season was against Bethlehem at Bullitt East. Freshman and JV played on Nov. 29. Freshmen started playing at 6 p.m., followed by JV at 7:30. The freshmen won over Bethlehem 39-14. The JV Lady Chargers kept up their score as well and won, 67-31.

Coming up for freshmen in the next week is a series of three games against Butler and Mercy next Monday at home on Dec. 3 starting at 5:30 p.m. and two Saturday games on Dec. 8. Both Saturday games are away and against Meade County and Breckinridge County. JV doesn’t have any games until the next week after next when they play Christian Academy of Louisville (CAL) on Dec. 10 starting at 7:30. Varsity has two games next week as well. They play Butler on Dec 4. at home at 6 p.m. and Christian County at 7:00 p.m., which is an away game.