Continuing the Streak

The+junior+powderpuff+team+huddled+up+tp+discuss+the+winning+play.+Juniors+won+the+game+28-18.+%0AThe+coaches+prepared+us+very+well+and+prepared+many+plays+for+us+to+get+the+win%2C+said+Junior+Nevaeh+Robinson++

The junior powderpuff team huddled up tp discuss the winning play. Juniors won the game 28-18. “The coaches prepared us very well and prepared many plays for us to get the win,” said Junior Nevaeh Robinson

You win some, you lose some.

There was intense competition throughout the grade levels, resulting in wins and losses.

On Thursday night, the annual powderpuff game took place. The juniors continued their winning streak while the seniors finished with a losing streak. There is much to look forward to for next years game.

Lots of intense and fun moments happened during the game. Girls from all grade levels came together the past few weeks to practice and get ready for this moment. They created bonds and memories that they will remember the rest of their lives. 

Junior Raeleigh Moore had a blast. She loves participating in this event every year because it’s fun and it is the one time of the year where all of the girls come together and forget all their differences. “The best part of it is getting ready for the game and hyping ourselves up. Also being able to knock other girls down and being able to laugh about it,” said Moore. 

The coaches spent time preparing for this game and took it very seriously. The powderpuff coaches were members of the football team. They worked hard getting the girls ready for the game. They also spent lots of time getting a game plan for the girls. 

People do wish that they could change their amount of playing time. Some wish it was more than one game so they could have more fun and experience what it would be like to have a full season.  However, most players plan on returning next year to play again. 

The class of 2021 has come out every year and dominated. With an impressive 3-0 record throughout high school.  The seniors close their high school powderpuff career with no wins but with a lifetime of memories. The sophomores and freshmen are looking to go into next year ready to play.