The student news site of Bullitt East High School.

Livewire

Livewire

Livewire

Support our Advertisers:

Preparing for Nationals

Caroline Williams

The Chargers archery team has made progress this season, with their team #1 coming in second place out of six teams at the Eastside Spring Tournament on March 15 and 16. The weekend after, the KHSAA Region 4 Girls and Boys Tournaments took place, with the girls taking sixth place out of fourteen and the boys coming in twelfth place out of sixteen. 

Although regionals took place the day of prom, which prevented many of the junior and senior archers from attending the tournament, the team still found a way to focus and compete the best they could. “I think we still did well at regionals. Although some of the upperclassmen were not present I think we did good,” sophomore Caleb Masterson said. 

By far the most important event of the season so far was the Kentucky state tournament that took place March 28-30. The team came 41 out of 145 teams, with a combined score of 3276. Weeks later, on April 13, they competed in the Pre-Nationals Warmup Tournament against Bullitt Central hosted at East and their Team #1 came in second place out of four teams. Their most recent tournament was the Bullitt Central Pre-Nationals, where they once again came in second place. 

The team is using these tournaments and practices as ways to prepare for nationals in June. “I can’t speak for everyone on the team but I do know a lot of kids have their own targets at home so they can practice when we aren’t in school,” Masterson said. Constantly focusing and practicing consistency help create improvements for the team.