Give East Mercy

Taylor Hollifield, Website Editor

East makes a comeback after given Mercy.

The Lady Chargers lost against Mercy this week, allowing them to become more motivated to improve for future teams.

The girls went into the week expecting to lose against Mercy. The girls will be playing Kentucky Country Day (KCD)  this week, along with a few tournaments. The volleyball team plans to to continue practicing to improve for the future.

The Lady Chargers felt they knew they were going to lose against Mercy because they were playing down the whole game. The team feels they could’ve given a little more effort and played harder. Savannah Kruse, sophomore, said, “We win as a team and we lose as a team.”

Not only did they play Mercy, but they also played Fern Creek. East left the court with a win and a good time. “We were playing a lot better during the Fern Creek game, and it seemed like we were the Mercy to them,” said junior Madyson Foreman. Not only were they playing better, but they had had a better attitude going into the game.

In order to beat teams similar to Mercy, the girls are working on their communication to keep a positive upbeat. The girls are also focusing on covering their areas on the court and being aware at all times throughout the game. After last week’s games the girls have been focusing on having a better attitude throughout the game. They have come to realize whenever they think they’re going to lose, that is usually the outcome.

This week the team will be working hard in practice so they are able to make the best of these upcoming games. While the girls plan to win, they also want to have fun playing the sport they love. There aren’t many games left during the season, and the team just wants to enjoy these last few games they have left with the seniors. Kruse said, “I just want to have fun being on the court with them while I can.” The girls will be playing KCD Tuesday and a few tournaments later in the week.