The student news site of Bullitt East High School.

Livewire

Livewire

Livewire

Support our Advertisers:

Setting Up A New Season

Mya Okes
The preparation for their second game of the season. The team won three sets against KCD. “I’m feeling really good about this season, being undefeated I’m excited to see all the teams we can push through.” Senior Caroline Harbolt said.

The girl’s volleyball team has been setting themselves up for a great season. 

The team starts the season winning their first three home games here at Bullitt East. 

The mood of this season is hopeful and optimistic. The team reflects on their performance so far. Goals are being set in order to better the team even further. 

The new season started with wins, setting the mood for success. “I’m feeling really good about this season, being undefeated I’m excited to see all the teams we can push through.” Senior Caroline Harbolt said. Many girls on the team feel confident about their performance and what lies ahead. “I feel confident about the upcoming season! We still have some work to put in but overall we are playing well together as a team.” Senior Bre Hess said. 

The team reflects on their recent plays. “I think we have a lot of it down but most of all I think our team could work on communicating with the hitters a lot more and having that setter and hitter connection but I’m still confident going forward,” Harbolt said. However, even with work to be done, the team is performing great together. “The highlight to be honest is beating Cal the way we did and playing with energy,” Hess said. School spirit and crowd energy is important for the games.“The highlights of our games are our energy and most definitely the red zone at our 2 most recent home games.” Harbolt said. 

The team is paving the way to success by always working to improve their skills. “My personal goal is to get 500+ digs this season already being at 150, and then to recruit to a college,” Harbolt said. Balancing critique but also remaining confident is essential in order to be successful. “My goal is to keep up the confidence and stay with us, having such a close bond as a team,” Hess said.