Run After Run

Brodie Curtsinger

Junior Peyton Bibb hitting a run. April 27, Bullitt East won against Jeffersontown, with a score of 13-3. “This is a team that we always kind of look forward to playing, just because of past games that we’ve had. And today, we really showed out, came out as a team; we were working together. What we work on in practice was really shown today, and I’m really proud of how we played,” Bibb said, “For me personally, I was back in the lineup today and had an RBI (Run Batted In) in the hit. So, that’s a big success for me personally, and then as a team, honestly, just coming out and playing the way we did. Obviously, like I said, seeing the way that we’ve practiced come out and actually see it on the field and the games is a really great thing to see.”

Brodie Curtsinger, Sports Editor

Make that 13 runs.

Starting off the week, against Jeffersontown, Bullitt East mustered up an astounding 13 runs.

April 27, they played against Jeffersontown High School, at their field. April 28, they played against North Bullitt High School at their field. They have high hopes to continue improving from this week.

They won the game against Jeffersontown, with a score of 13-3, Bullitt East. This game only lasted five innings due to Bullitt East having over 10 runs over Jeffersontown, at the end of the fifth inning.

After the first inning, the score was 3-1, Bullitt East. During the second inning, Bullitt East scored two more runs, but Jeffersontown scored none. The third inning was Bullitt East’s most successful with them scoring eight runs bringing the score to 13-1, Bullitt East. In the fourth inning, Jeffersontown came back scoring two runs, but Bullitt East still led by 10. Then finally, Bullitt East and Jeffersontown would not score any runs in the fifth inning, bringing the game to an end.

Pierce believes the April 27 game went well. “We played well. Pitchers did their job, defense did their job and hitters did their job,” Pierce said, “All around team effort (was the highlight from today). We got to utilize every kid that was here today, so that’s a good day when you can do that. We have the luxury of having a lot of young ladies in this dugout, and when you can work a bunch of them in. You’re doing your job.” Pierce noticed a few highlights from the Jeffersontown game.

Junior Peyton Bibb feels that the game against Jeffersontown went great. “This is a team that we always kind of look forward to playing, just because of past games that we’ve had. And today, we really showed out, came out as a team; we were working together. What we worked on in practice was really shown today, and I’m really proud of how we played,” Bibb said, “For me personally, I was back in the lineup today and had an RBI (Run Batted In) on the hit. So, that’s a big success for me personally, and then as a team, honestly, just coming out and playing the way we did. Obviously, like I said, seeing the way that we’ve practiced come out and actually see it on the field and the games is a really great thing to see.” Some of the highlights from the day, in Bibb’s opinion, was her RBI (Run Batted In).

They won the game against North Bullitt, with a score of 4-2, Bullitt East. This game did last a normal seven innings.

For the upcoming games, Pierce plans to improve his team by continuing momentum. “The biggest takeaway today, is really just ‘piggybacking the momentum.’ Taking the momentum and rolling it into tomorrow against another good team, and hopefully having the same results,” Pierce said.

Bibb plans to improve her hitting for upcoming games. “Personally, my hitting, just because that’s been something I’ve been focusing on this year. anyway. I’ve kind of been in a little bit of a hitting slump. So, that’s something that I’ve been personally focusing on. Then, just making sure we’re keeping our energy up. Our whole thing this year is: ‘energy, effort, attitude.’ So, just making sure we’re focusing on that, keeping that up,” Bibb said, “Honestly, I’m just really proud of how far we’ve come from the start. Like I said in a past interview before, with a new coach coming in, it’s kind of difficult seeing that shift and that change. So, just seeing the way that we’ve adapted with it, and then going into this, the first half and now the second part of the season, just seeing that, and seeing how we’re adapting was really good.” Bibb is very proud of how far they’ve come so far.

The next game will be a home game, against Pleasure Ridge Park, at 6 p.m., May 3.