No Change In School Start Time

Jasmine Meeks, Staff writer

It’s not always sunny at 7:20 a.m. here at Bullitt East.

Keith Davis concluded yesterday, April 15th, that no changes will be made to school start times after a county wide survey was conducted.

Many people around Bullitt County have different opinions on changing the start time of elementary, middle, and high school. Students (mainly high school) will no longer have concern about rescheduling their after school jobs, clubs, or sports. Some teachers are still sceptical on not having a later start time with concern of drowsy students.

“I’m relieved that there will not be a change in schedule due to the excessive amount of traffic in the morning when I’m on my way to work,” said Jim Bradley, citizen of Mount Washington. Many of you know how bad the school traffic can be. Frankly, a lot more people would be on their way to work along the same schedule as high school students are on their way to school, if the start time was changed.

Students have many different opinions. Lexi Hutchins sophomore here at BE said, “I wish they would have changed the start time of school. It’s so hard for me to wake up so early in the morning that it’s pitch black outside.” Other students do not agree and are relieved along with Bradley that times will remain the same.

Chris Ryan, teacher at BE, has made it clear that he would’ve liked a schedule change. “NO CHANGE TO SCHOOL START. #DreamsCrushed,” tweeted Ryan. Ryan thinks that an extra hour of sleep is much needed for students and teachers as well.

So, be ready to learn at 7:20 a.m. Chargers! The start time will not be changed.