Senior Pictures

Abbie Alstatt, Copy Editor and Website Editor

Around this time of year, Fall, most seniors take or start to think about their senior pictures.

Senior year can be daunting with so much to do such as prom, senior dance, senior trip, senior drapes, and most importantly, applying to colleges. But something that is very important about one’s senior year of high school that can’t be overlooked is senior pictures. You want to look your best, and have your photos turn out well. To help seniors with that this year, we’ve showcased three local photographers/photography businesses to consider. Hopefully this will help narrow down your decision to ensure the best senior pictures one could hope for!

img_1828

Alyssa Peak: Pink Owl Photography

Photographer: Jilli Worth

Who: Focuses on photographing girls.

Where: “My photographer picked my locations according to my outfits, but told me if there was anywhere specific I wanted to go we could.”

Cost: “It was expensive but worth it.”

Recommendation: “The photos seriously are the best quality and so is the photographer. Their makeup artist is top of the line, and who doesn’t want their makeup on fleek for senior pics? Also if you go there, you’ll get a discount if you put my name and any other Pink Owl’s as a referral.”

Contact: http://www.pinkowlphotography.com

img_1881

Grace Wibbels: Country Breeze Photography

Photographer: Rebecca Beatty

Who: She attracts more of a female audience, but she does do a lot of couple/wedding photography so males are often in the pictures but not usually the focus.”

Where: “I have two locations per session and my plan was to go to a place with a lot of graffiti and to the walking bridge/water front area. I thought I knew where I was going but I got lost and just ended up at this random place that had a lot of really cool graffiti. It was like right in between the highlands and downtown. The second location was on the walking bridge, like partially up it.

Cost: “… she runs a lot of sales and is very cooperative with you… you get a lot for your money with Rebecca and not only just quantity, but quality… She knows what she’s doing.”

Experience: “Rebecca is absolutely amazing; I cannot even describe it. Not only is she good with a camera, but she also has mad skills with Photoshop (which is equally important when it comes to photographers)! … I feel like a lot of photographers lack the editing skills and that’s one thing that drew me to Rebecca.”

Recommendation: “… it couldn’t have been better! First, it’s her own “company” so it was a very personal thing; Rebecca wasn’t there just to make money, she was there because photography is genuinely her passion. As well, she knew exactly what she was doing (as anyone would hope). One of my biggest fears about doing senior pictures at all was about how awkward it would be if I didn’t know how to pose or if the photographer lacked the ability to connect with me and with Rebecca that wasn’t the case at all… she had so much personality and it was honestly like hanging out with one of my friends… the talent within this one lady is so beyond expression! She knows exactly how to make you look like the best version of you and if you don’t, she will let you know.”

Contact: https://countrybreezephotograph.squarespace.com/

img_1866

Makayla O’ Brien: Kelley J Photography

Photographer: Kelley Slaughter

Who: Focuses mostly on photographing girls, but she will also photograph boys.

Where: “I had my pictures taken in various places, one of my personal favorites was Bernheim Forest. But she usually comes up with a location and I will let her know if I want to go there or not.”

Cost: “The package that I chose was a bit expensive, but I was also one of her representatives for her company… I have also been getting my pictures done since the end of my junior year, and they go all the way until the end of my senior year.”

Recommendation: “She gives you the best experience possible while getting pictures made and gives you the most beautiful pictures you could ever imagine.”

Contact: http://kelleyjphotography.com/contact/

Senior year will be over in a flash, don’t wait to take your senior pictures!