A New Twist for Halloween in the Halls

Olivia Coke, Social Media Director

Trick-or-Treating the Charger Way.

The hallways are under wraps for the design of Halloween in the Halls.

On October 26, children from all over town will come to the school to trick-or-treat. This festivity takes place annually with help from students and staff members. Students and faculty members dress up and welcome the visitors by passing out candy.

This year’s Halloween in the Halls will have a different set up style. Usually, there are 10 different themes represented by a “house”. This year, however, there are only four houses. Each house is represented by a grade, meaning that each grade has their own theme to decorate their portion of the hallway.

The themes for Halloween in the Halls are all dedicated to Disney. The freshmen class has video games. The sophomore class will dress up as majority of the disney princess including Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, and many more. The junior class has Moana. Lastly, the seniors have Disney Trolls. The average hallways will transform from floor to ceiling. Whichever grade level wins for having the best hallway will receive a prize.

The students and staff dedicate their time and effort into this event. Students stay after school to brainstorm ideas to make the occasion thrilling for the visitors. Students put their artistic abilities to the test by creating, constructing, and designing the decorations to their theme. “I hope the kids have a lot of fun and it makes them look forward to their future years of high school,” said sophomore Kamryn Lane. Lane will participate for the first time this year, dressing up as a disney princess. The staff has put aside the time for this event by using their classrooms for meetings by bringing in props for decor.

The biggest concern of this event is to avoid having an insufficient amount of candy to hand out to the guests. “I think this year we need a lot more candy because we ran out super early last year and a lot of kids left without any candy,” said sophomore Abi Huffman. There has been an incentive, however, to make the approach easier for students to donate candy. If a student brings in at least three bags of candy, then they are allowed to dress up in costume for one day at school.

On Thursday, the hard work will come to a stop as the town can admire the students and staff’s creativity and imagination. “I’m expecting to have a lot of fun with my peers and get to connect with new people,” said Lane. For those students not participating in decoration or set up, donating candy will make a tremendous difference for the outcome of the annual event.