Lebrons Historic Night

Creative Commons

Cavaliers star player LeBron James.

Hunter Brogan, Staff Writer

30K for LBJ.

Lebron James reached a big milestone Tuesday night against the Spurs getting 30 thousand points for his career.

Lebron James joined some elite company Tuesday night surpassing 30 thousand points and becoming just the seventh player to do it. He also became the youngest to do it at 33. The six other players on the list include Kareem Abdul-Jabbar at one, then Karl Malone, Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, and Dirk Nowitzki. Kobe Bryant, arguably one of the greatest to ever do it, reached this milestone when he was 34.

The shot that put James at 30 thousand was a pull-up mid-range jumper with one second left in the first quarter. After the quarter he got a standing ovation from Spurs fans and was congratulated by all of his teammates. James reacted to his huge accomplishment with a tweet from him that said, “Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to all my family, friends, colleagues, business partners and fans for reaching out by phone, video, social media and all last night! I truly appreciate it!! We did it! #30KClub #StriveForGreatness #ThekidfromAkron.”

Lebron James was drafted into the league at age 18 in 2003. He decided to not go to college and went straight to the NBA from high school. On Oct. 29,m2003 he played his first ever NBA game at Sacramento. James recorded 25 points, six rebounds, nine assists, and four steals in his debut. He has come along way since then, winning three championships and multiple all-star games. He is arguably the greatest of all time.