Girls Golf Weekly Recap

Putting the golf ball, senior Abi Huffman about to make her final shot into the hole. On Aug. 24 the girls golf team competed in a tournament at their home course, Heritage Hill. “Our scores all went down which is really good,” said Huffman.

Katey Goins, Staff Writer

A good day doesn’t mean the work is done.

Saturday, Aug. 24 the girls golf team improved on their shots, but there is still room to improve.

The team did really well in shooting lower scores than they have seen in recent tournaments. The team will not be satisfied until they are the best. Going into the next tournament they would like to shoot even lower, but it’s going to take hard work and dedication.

The teams most consistent player, freshman Macie Brown, shot at an 81 despite previously seeing scores in the 70 range. Senior Abi Huffman shot at a 119 and junior Alayna Wells shot at a 116. “My first tournament I shot at a 111 but the past two tournaments have been a 116. We’re just going to practice on what we feel is most important. So for me my short game, but Abi and Maci it might be different things,” said Wells.

The next tournament is Sept. 9 at the Heritage Hill golf course.