Cross Country Struggles Against Tough Competition

Back to Article
Back to Article

Freshman Raelee Hawkins pushes herself to the limit against competition. She finished 91st in the Greater Louisville Classic Invitational.

Keelin Davis

Keelin Davis

Keelin Davis

Keelin Davis, Copy Editor

Saturday, Oct. 5, the cross country team competed in the Greater Louisville Classic Invitational.

The girls pushed themselves to their limits in their race. The boys had a rough time with competition but persevered and finished. The team is nearing the end of the season.

Leading the girls, placing 91st, was freshman Raelee Hawkins. She finished with a time of 21:11.50. After her was sophomore Mia Maguire who finished 100th with a time of 21:27.60. Finishing in 195th was junior Emily Tinelli. Sophomore Emma Egan and junior Jaiden Hammack finished shortly after.

The leader for the boys was junior Zach Ballard who came in 136th with a time of 20:03.70. Freshman Lucas O’Connor and sophomore Dakota Cerra finished 173rd and 176th. Sophomore Tyler Bass finished 198th in 20:42.00. Junior Stephen Redmon and sophomore Cody Bostock finished in 203rd and 207th.

The team has one more meet before they get into conference meets, regionals and state. The next meet is the Haunted Woods Saturday, Oct. 12 at Oldham County High School.