The student news site of Bullitt East High School.

Livewire

Livewire

Livewire

Support our Advertisers:

Eras Tour Review

Eras Tour Review

For as long as I can remember, I have always been a huge fan of Taylor Swift. From dancing to “Shake It Off” in the fourth-grade talent show, to staying up many hours of the night streaming her new albums, I have always adored Taylor Swift.

Taylor Swift was one of my biggest idols growing up. As a little girl I had always dreamed of getting to see her live in concert one day, and on July 30, 2023, my dream had finally come true.

When tickets for the Eras Tour went on sale, I never dreamed I would have ended up with tickets, because as all of us Taylor fans know, A war broke out on Ticketmaster, making it nearly impossible to purchase tickets for a good price, or even at all. But somehow I was lucky enough to have survived the great Ticketmaster war of 2023.

I was so excited that I would finally be able to see the woman I have idolized for so long. I spent days upon weeks planning for this concert, what I would wear, who I would take with me, etc. I could not wait any longer for that moment to come.

As a concert-goer, I have been to many concerts in my life such as Harry Styles, 5 Seconds of Summer and Conan Gray, but I have never felt a feeling as surreal as seeing Taylor Swift appear on stage, right in front of my very own eyes. This concert was truly something magical.

Before the gates opened in the stadium, me and my friend “Tay-Gated” by the stadium in Cincinnati. There were food trucks and so many Taylor fans and this only made the experience better.

I felt so happy and grateful as I got to see Taylor Swift perform songs from each of her eras. While she was performing her younger eras such as “Speak Now” and “Red”, I felt a sense of nostalgia, like I was a kid dancing to her music in my room again.

Taylor put on an amazing show with many outfit changes, props and even fireworks. She is one of the most high-energy and most entertaining artists I have ever seen and she truly interacted with the crowd so much.

For a three-hour long show, she had some of the most amazing energy, and not once did I even feel tired because she was just that entertaining. 

This concert was truly everything I dreamed of and more, even people there who weren’t her biggest fans agreed that she put on a show of a lifetime.

If you’re a concert junkie like me and are a fan of Taylor Swift and her music, I would definitely recommend going to her next tour.

I will never forget this night. At the end of the night I was covered in sweat and tears but the experience was worth it. I truly shed blood, sweat and tears for this. 

Little Kyla would be so excited if she knew she got to see Taylor Swift live in concert.